Hi! My name's Desireé. I'm from Porto Colom. I'm sixteen years old. I've got a brother and two sisters. My brother's name's David and he is twenty-three years old. My big sister's name's Elisabeth and she's seventeen years old and my little sister's name's Victoria and she's eleven years old.
Complete the song with the following words.
chick flash dance something child face little funny hot look easy cool nice chat go cute what pretty
Does your mother know ? Abba
You're so (1) hot, teasing me
So you're blue but I can't take a chance on a (2) chick like you
That's (3) something I couldn't do
There's that (4)look in your eyes
I can read in your (5)face that your feelings are driving you wild
Ah, but girl you're only a child.
Well I can (6) dance with you honey
If you think it's (7) funny
Does your mother know that you're out?
And I can (8) chat with you baby
Flirt a (9)little maybe
Does your mother know that you're out?
Take it (10) easy , better slown down girl
That's no way to (11) go, does your mother know?
Take it easy, try to (12) cool it girl
Take it (13)nice and slow, does your mother know?
I can see (14) what you want
But you seem (15) pretty young to be searching for that kind of fun
So maybe I'm not the one
Now you're so (16) cute, I like your style
And I know what you mean when you give me a (17) flash of that smile
But girl you're only a (18) child.
Present Simple Affirmative
1. Circle the correct word:
Every day my family and I eat (1. eat / eats) Breakfast at half past seven. Mum fries (2. fry / fries) eggs. My sistercuts (3. cut / cuts) the bread. Dad and I sometimesgo (4. go / goes) to the shop to buy milk. We all leave (5. leave / leaves) the house at eight o'clock. Mum always says (6. say / says), "Have a good day!"
2. Complete the sentences with the Present simple form of the verbs in brackets.
1. Andy alwaysstudies (STUDY) in the evening.
2. Cathy never dances (DANCE) at parties.
3. He meets (MEET) his friend every day.
4. Our cat watches (WATCH) birds.
5. I never buys (BUY) games.
6. Victor and Ispeak (SPEAK) English at home.
7. We wear (WEAR) trainers to play basketball.
8. She plays (PLAY) computer games in her room.
9. It rains (RAIN) a lot in Scotland.
10. My grandparentslive (LIVE) in Valencia.
Present Simple Negative
1. Complete the sentences with don't or doesn't.
1. She doesn't speak Italian.
2. They don't go to school.
3. We don't swim very well.
4. He doesn't watch TV.
5. You don't live in England.
2. Write statements as in the example.
1. Beth eats oranges. (bananas) She doesn't eat bananas.
2. Paul likes walkig. (running) He doesn't likes running.
3. They usually go to a disco. (bar)They don't usually go to a bar.
4. Peter works in his office. (bedroom) He doesn't work in his bedroom.
5. They drink water. (Coca-cola)They don't drink coca-cola.
Revision activites (19th Freb.09)
1. Fill in "I", "you", "he", "she", "it", "we" or "they".
1. Lydia: she
4. you and Sue: we
2. Father and mother: they
5. the book: it
8. the cups: it
6. you and I : we
9. An: she
2. Fill in "am", "is" or "are".
1. She is my sister.
2. They are my friends.
3. I am a good boy.
4. Benis my brother.
5. How are you?
6. I am in the garden.
7. Sally and I are friends.
8. It is a dog.
3. Choose the correct item.
1. This is my pencil. A) These are B) They are C) This is
2. Mr Smith is walking to work. A) is walking B) walk C) are walking
3. Look! John rides his bicycle. A) is riding B) riding C) rides
4. Are you a dancer? A) Is B) Are C) Am
5. This isn't your book. It's mine. A) mine B) my C) him
6. Our mother is a teacher. A) We B) Our C) She
7. They live in a big house. A) is living B) lives C) live
8. Heeats his breakfast now. A) eat B) is eating C) eats
9. Sam hasn't got drive a car. A) can't B) isn't C) hasn't got
10. Be quiet! Father sleeps. A) sleep B) sleeps C) is sleeping
11. She works as a singer. A) works B) work C) is working
12. They are having lunch now. A) is having B) are having C) have
13. Look at them! They play. A) play B) plays C) are playing
14. He doesn't work in a bank. A) doesn't B) hasn't C) don't
4. What does Carol do every day? Write sentences as in the example:
1. (Monday/work in the garden) She works in the garden on MOnday.
2. (Tuesday/clean the house) She clean the house on Tuesday.
3. (Wednesday/play tennis) She play tennis on Wednesday.
4. (Thursday/go shopping) She go shopping on Thursday.
5. (Friday/clean the car) She clean the car on Friday.
6. (Saturday/watch TV)She watch TV on Saturday.
5. Put the verbs in brackets into the Simple Present or Present Continuous.
Saturday at Tina's house.
TOM: What do you doing (do) Tina?
TINA: I writing (write) a letter to my friend. I usually do (do) this every Saturday.
TOM: Where ____________ (be) your mother?
TINA: She works (work) in the kitchen. She always makes (make) a cake on Saturday.
TOM: I looking (look) out of the window now. I watching ('watch) your father. He claening''''(clean) his car.
TINA: I know, he always clean (clean) his car on Saturday andwater (water) the flowers in the garden, too.
TOM: Your family works (work) very hard every Saturday.
6. Fill in "who", "whose", "what", "when" or "where".
1. Where ? in the park
2. ________? Jane's
12. _________? Julie
3. _________? a table
13. _________? a snake
4. __________? at 6 o'clock
14. _________? John's
5. _________? at school
15. _________? at noon
6. _________? the doctor
16. _________? Mother
7. _________? on Sunday
17. _________? Father's
8. _________? Peter
18. _________? at Christmas
9. _________? a horse
19. _________? on Tuesday
10. __________? at night
20. _________? in the room
11. __________? today
21. _________? in May '''''''''''
Present Simple activities (26th February 2009)
1. Complete the sentences with the correct Present Simple form of the verbs in bracktes.
1. I lives (live) with my parents.
2. My mum works (work) in a hospital.
3. Michael loves (love) playing football.
4. My grandparentsspeaks (speak) French.
5. Maria has (have) got blue eyes.
6. We going (go) to the cinema once a week.
7. He listen (listen) to music in the evening.
8. The students do (do) their homework every day.
9. The cat sleeps (sleep) on the sofa.
10. My sister never reads (read) the newspaper.
11. I don't see (not/see) my shool friends on Sunday.
12. Rob doesn't plays (not/play) basketball.
13. My parents don't have (not/have) dinner at seven o'clock.
14. I am not write (not/write) letters to my friends.
15. They doesn't likes (not/like) romantic comedies.
16. My brother doesn't eates (not/eat) meat. He's a vegetarian.
17. Rosa doesn't sing (not/sing) very well.
18. They don't drink (not/drink) wine because they have to drive.
19. I am not listen (not/listen) to songs in French.
20. My friend Toni doesn't helps (not/help) me with my homework.
1. Complete the following questions with do or does.
1. Where does Susan live?
2. Do you like pizza?
3. Does your friends play basketball?
4. Does your grandmother visit you on Sundays?
5. Do your parents like your favourite music?
6. What does people visit in the north?
7. When does the film start?
8. What do you do in the evenings?
9. Does your English teacher play the guitar?
10. Why does Roberta ride horses?